Monday, January 14, 2013

Poetry as Liberation!

Me (El Williams III) at El Maguey's in the Delmar Loop: Fall 2012!
So it has definitely been way too long since I've blogged. Recently, maybe about a month ago, I was helping a very near and dear friend of mine (my sister) move into her new apartment and like ice-cold water leaping from some motionless shower head, a thought chilled my bones. "Why aren't you blogging?" I asked myself. "It's a very healthy and rational outlet," added my conscience. The question was as pure as honey and the comment as good as any two cents. Aha! All of a sudden, in the midst of my sister's rigorous cleaning, as she Cloroxed the unit's previous tenant's cooties away, I began to reminisce. The remembrance came to me shining bright like gold. In that instance, I began to long for one of the "somethings" (besides my many journals and photographs) that I claimed as my own. My blog. My baby. My poetical universe siting in cyberspace like a forgotten fifty dollar bill tucked tightly in the pocket of jeans untouched since last spring. I needed it and it needed me.

So, here I am. My fingers are pecking my Dell's keyboard in good use again. I am here to blog. Of course, I'll blog about poetry and keep you updated on my world as it deals with poetry. I will also use this blog as a release sometimes. Liberation! Isn't that what blogging is all about? And since poetry is my liberation, my release, the oxygen to my lungs, this ought to be good!


Holla!

2 comments:

  1. Yesss!! Nina Simone is back ladies and gents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Not Nina Simone! But, yes...I am back and have a lot to update you all on. Well...no that people are actually following this blog lol, but I'll still update.

    ReplyDelete